A press release from State Senator Pam Althoff:
Sen. Althoff honored for 100% pro-environment voting record
Springfield, IL… State Senator Pamela Althoff (R-McHenry) has been honored with a perfect voting record by the Illinois Environmental Council (IEC), which released its 2017 Environmental Scorecard this week.
A total of 57 state legislators received the award for their voting record during the 2017 legislative session.
“Senator Pamela Althoff is a leader for the environment in Springfield,” said IEC Executive Director Jen Walling. “She voted 100% of the time with the environmental community on fourteen pieces of key legislation. The IEC is honored by Senator Althoff’s dedication to Illinois’ environment and we look forward to working together in the future.”
“I am thrilled to be recognized for supporting legislation that protects our environment and safeguards the health of Illinois’ beautiful landscape,” said Sen. Althoff. “It is always an honor to work with the IEC on legislation that supports sustainability and conservation efforts in Illinois.”
The 2017 Environmental Scorecard included numerous legislative measures. Specific priorities from the Scorecard include:
- HB 2831 (Property Assessed Clean Energy Act): This measure allows local governments to create their own property-assessed clean energy programs and issue low interest bonds to finance clean energy projects.
- SB 1029 (Natural Areas Stewardship Act): SB 1029 promotes stewardship of Illinois’ natural resources by allowing Natural Areas Acquisition Funds to be used on stewardship activities in addition to land acquisition.
- SB71 (New Public Utility Wind Projects): This bill removes certification requirements for new, utility-scale wind projects, which makes it easier to build these projects under the Future Energy Jobs Act.
= = = = =
Others representing McHenry County receiving a 100% rating were
- State Rep. Steve Andersson
- State Rep. Barb Wheeler
- State Senator Karen McConnauhay