A press release from the Woodstock Police Department:
Arrest – Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm Investigation
On Friday, October 20th, , 2017, at 3:28 a.m., the Woodstock Police Department opened an investigation regarding the discharge of a firearm that occurred within its jurisdiction.
At this time, the Woodstock Police Department is prepared to announce that the investigation revealed that Maurice C. Timberlake [of Woodstock] was identified as the suspect.
Upon conferring with the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office, charges were approved.
Timberlake was located and taken into custody by the Woodstock Police Department with the assistance of the McHenry County SWAT Team on the evening of October 21st.
He is currently being held at the McHenry County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing.
Arrested Person: Maurice C. Timberlake (M/B/18)
- Possession of a Stolen Firearm – (Class 2 Felony)
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon – (Class 3 Felony)
- Burglary – (Class 2 Felony)
- Theft (Under $500) – (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Criminal Trespass to Vehicle – (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Ill. Poss. of Ammunition w/o a FOID Card – (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Poss. of a Firearm w/o a FOID Card – (Class A Misdemeanor)
Next Court Date: 10-25-17 @ 9:00 A.M.
= = = = =
Timberlake was observed walking on the sidewalk of the 500-600 block of Lake Avenue by Woodstock Police officers.