He and appointed Christopher Sproel, a former Cary Grade School Board President, are assured the Republican nominations as there is no one else
Democrat Michael Vuuk will be on the fall ballot, too.
In District 2, former County Board member and unsuccessful State Representative contestant Carolyn Schofield is joined by former Cary School Board member Josh Howell as uncontested GOP Primary Election candidates,
There are two Democrats:
- Suzanne Ness
- Tim O’Neill
In District 3, three Republicans will face off for two slots:
- Nancy Gonsiorek, a former Crystal Lake Grade School Board member who has run several times for County Board
- Joe Gottemoller, an incumbent
- Lori Parrish, an administrator at the Crystal Lake Grade School District
Kelli Wegner will hold up the Democratic Party banner.
In District 4 there are also three Republican candidates:
- State Senator Pam Althoff
- McHenry High School Board member Steve Bellmore
- Incumbent Board member Chuck Wheeler
No Democrate filed for the office.
In District 5, there are four Reublicans seeking to be on the ballot:
- Former McHenry County Board Chairwoman Tina Hill
- Incumbent County Board member John Jung
- Incumbent County Board member Michael Rein
- Leslie Melendy
Democrats have Carlos Acosta, a labor leader, and Frank Wedig, who has run previously for County Board and Dorr Township Trustee on the Green Party, but not been elected.
In District six, there are four Republicans seeking to serve on the County Board:
- Incumbent Michele Aavang member
- Orville Brettman, who served as most of one term as Carpentersville Village President in the late 1970’s before moving to McHenry County where his telescope could have dark skies
- Ersel Schuster, former County Board member
- Larry Smith, incumbent County Board member
Buffie Basille is running as a Democrat.
Two people will be elected in each County Board district.