Haven’t done a count, but it seems that fewer people are running for party precinct committeemen.
There are some contests, however, which are listed below.
Most are in McHenry Township, where the Old Establishment, remnants of the Al Jourdan organization, lost control of the Central Committee and of the nomination process for the last McHenry Township election.
The new folks held a caucus and nominated those not aligned with the organization Jourdan put together. The Old Establishment won the Supervisor and Road Commissioner slots, but not the Clerk or the four Township Trustees.
Subsequently, State Senator Pam Althoff introduced legislation that prohibited weighted voting in party caucuses.
- MARY E CARDELLI, incumbent
- MELISSA A. SANCHEZ-FISCHER, former Township Trustee who ran unsuccessfully for Clerk
- *CRAIG ALLEN WALLACE
- THOMAS J. POPOVICH
- MARK C. WOODSTRUP
- MICHAEL T. KAMINSKI
- BOB ANDERSON, Township Trustee and Harrison Grade School Board member
- MICHAEL DICKER
- PAMELA J ALTHOFF, State Senator and County Board candidate
- ERIC KONIECZSKI
- BRUCE BENNETT
- STEVEN J. ROONEY, Vice Chairman of the County GOP Central Committee
- LEON H. VAN EVERY
- ERIK JOHN SIVERTSEN
- JAMES E. CONDON, McHenry Road Commissioner
- STEPHANIE DIEDRICH
- GARY BARLA, former township trustee
- JAMES B. SHANNON
- MARSHA A. NELSON, former township clerk
- HOWARD WENKEL
- ROBERT M. GRAY
- KAREN TYNIS