The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Super Bowl Weekend Traffic Campaign to Save Lives
A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department participated in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted during this past Super Bowl weekend.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from February 2 through February 4 to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours.
Because of the additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted traffic stops on an additional 29 motorists for traffic violations
- Issued a total of 28 additional citations, which included:
- 2 citations for transportation of open alcohol
- 1 citation for driving while license revoked
- 1 citation for driving without a valid license
- 4 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 13 citations for speeding
- 1 citations for seatbelt violation
- 4 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- 1 citation for an equipment violation
- 1 adjudication citation for possession of cannabis drug paraphernalia
Part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns, this recent traffic enforcement operation was made possible by federal highway safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Safety Programs.