Valley Hi Surplus Cash Situation Basis for One Bill Filed
A press release from Rep. Steve Reick:
This is the time of year when lawmakers are filing the bills they hope to advance during the 2018 legislative session.
I have filed several House Bills that I hope to usher into law this year. They include:
- HB 4190: Requires an independent cost study to prove taxpayer savings before a question about consolidation of a road district is placed on a ballot for township voters
- HB 4304:Provides property tax relief to seniors who have a federal adjusted gross income of $50,000 or less
- HB 4305: Adds a county designation to all individual income tax forms to aid with the study of movement of Illinoisans from county to county within the state
- HB 4308: Adjusts the notification period required for written notice to be mailed to any teacher who is losing his or her job due to a school board decision to decrease the number of teachers employed by a district.
- HB 4350: Based on levy issues tied to our own Valley Hi Nursing Home, this bill would provide county board members with the authority to suspend a tax line levy amount for nursing home purposes, so that surplus funds can be spent down with no future levying penalty.
- HB 4580: Provides that a rescue squad district may, by ordinance, submit a referendum to voters for an annual tax for the purpose of providing funds to pay the costs of emergency and rescue crews and equipment, and limits the amount of the tax rate to no more than 0.10% of the value of all taxable property within the district