From the questions asked, it is unclear whether the Congressional candidate financing the effort was incumbent Peter Roskam or one of his two prospective Democratic Party candidates
- Sean Casten
- Kelly Mezeski
All three have enough money in their campaign funds to pop for a poll.
The automated survey was taken by Central Market Research, a company affiliated with Axiom Strategies of Kansas City, according to Columbia Daily Tribune, a Missouri paper.
The firm started works for Republican candidates, so odds are really good that Roskam financed the poll.
The Tuesday night survey sought the following information:
- Intention to vote for congressional candidate
- Republican or Democrat
- Favorability on Trump
- Favorability of Pelosi
- Favorability on Ryan
- Favorability on Roskam
- Favorability on Mezeski
- Favorability on Casten
- Something else about Ryan
- Comparison of Ryan with Mezeski
- Comparison of Ryan with Casten
- Should Member of Congress work with Trump?
- More important to work with Trump or be a check and balance
- Good to have control of White House, Senate and House in same party?
- Time for a change?
- Economy getting better or worse in your area?
- Will new income tax bill raise your taxes?
- Roskam emphasizing local issues, e.g., opioid crisis and several others, favorability
- Something with my notes only show as “R”
- Conservative, moderate or liberal?
- Race, white, black or Hispanic