After spending a couple of hundred thousand dollars to defeat Steve Reick for State Representative, it is not a big surprise that Local 150 of the Operating Engineers would take an interest in McHenry County elections.
Here are the union’s endorsements:
- McHenry County Clerk: Janice Dalton (R)
- County Board D1: Michael Vijuk (D)
- County Board D2: Carolyn Schofield (R)
- County Board D2: Tim O’Neill (D)
- County Board D2: Josh Howell (R)
- County Board D3: Joe Gottemoller (R)
- County Board D3: Kelli Wegener (D)
- County Board D4: Pamela Althoff (R)
- County Board D4: Steve Bellmore (R)
- County Board D5: John Jung, Jr. (R)
- County Board D5: Lesli Melendy (R)
- County Board D6: Larry Smith (R)
- County Board D6: Michele Aavang (R)
- County Board D6: Buffy Brasile (D)
Incumbent County Board members endorses seem to be those who have stood in McHenry County Board Jack Franks’ corner.
Certainly Local 150 members have put pressure on County Board members who dare question Franks by picketing their places of business.
Interestingly, there are no endorsements listed for McHenry County Judicial candidates.
For the legislature there are endorsement, too:
- Dist. 32: Mary Mahady (D)
- Dist. 33: Karen McConnaughy (R)
- Dist. 6: Peter Roskam (R)
- Dist. 14: Randy Hultgren (R)
- Governor- J.B. Pritzker (D)
- Comptroller- Susana Mendoza (D)
- Secretary of State- Jesse White (D)
- Treasurer- Michael Frerichs (D)
- Attorney General- Kwame Raoul (D)