A press release from the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office:
McHenry Man Charged with Bringing Drugs into the Jail
Arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an unlawful possession of a controlled substance charge, McHenry resident Nicholas Hitztaler was booked into the jail late Wednesday.
At about 1 p.m. Thursday, during a standard search procedure before he went to general population, an object was observed to fall from his abdominal area. Upon inspection, it was found to be a bundle of pills in a wad of tissue paper.
The pills were three baggies containing
- nine (9) Amphetamine and Dextroamphetaime pills;
- seven (7) Acetaminophen and Oxycodone Hydrochloride pills; and
- two (2) Alprazolam pills.
He advised jail staff that he had ingested 11 pills before these others were located.
The pills were inventoried and narcotics detectives advised of the incident.
Hitztaler was placed under 72-hour security observation and new charges of possession and bringing
contraband into a penal institution followed.
Arrested: Nicholas B. Hitzaler, Male, 19, McHenry, Illinois
- 2 Counts- Bringing Contraband into a Penal Institution (class 1)
- 1 Count- Bringing Contraband into a Penal Institution (class 2)
- 3 Counts- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (class 4)
Next court date: April 27, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., Bond: $115,000
The charges against this individual are merely allegations against him. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.