The following article was first posted on Illinois Leaks and is re-published with permission:
Algonquin Township Road District – Legal advice on election matters?
I really don’t know what to say on this one so instead of trying to point out what is wrong in this communication, I will just ask a few questions.
- Attorney-Client Privileged?
- Is James Kelly representing Bob Miller and Anna May Miller in their personal capacity?
- Why does a Road District Highway Commissioner need legal advice on election documents for the County Clerk?
- Why would an attorney provide legal research to Bob and Anna May Miller on County Election matters?
- Who asked the Township Attorney to provide this legal research?
- Why would he need to do more research?
- Why would he forward this legal research to Ironmikes@comcast.net? (Iron Mikes appears to be the Nunda Township Highway Commissioner)
I believe this is one of those cases where we simply let the document speak for itself.