From the McHenry Township Road Commissioner James Condon:
McHenry Township Road District Recycling Center
in the township employee parking lot at 3703 N. Richmond Road
ELECTRONIC WASTE RECYCLING
AND BRUSH DROP OFF
These programs will be available April through November
on the following Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
May 19 June 16 July 21
August 18 October 20 November 17
* there will be no recycling in September due to our Touch-A-Truck event *
There will be NO drop off of recycling items during the week. Drop off is located in the township employee
parking lot at 3703 N. Richmond Road. Road District employees will be on hand to assist you on the above dates.
The Road District is again partnering with The Environmental Defenders of McHenry County for our recycling program. Acceptable items now include televisions, miscellaneous electronics, CFL bulbs, fluorescent tubes, VHS/cassette tapes, and CDs/DVDs.
Donations are suggested for particular items are listed below; all proceeds go to the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County to offset the cost of transportation, sorting and certified recycling.
- Televisions & Monitors: .50 cents per pound or $50 maximum per unit
- Household Batteries: .50 cents per pound (car batteries are taken for free)
- CFL bulbs: .50 cents each
- Fluorescent tubes: .50 cents per 4ft bulb, $1.00 per 8ft bulb
Accepted at no charge:
– computer hard drives
– keyboards & mice
– printers/ink cartridges & scanners
– word processors & calculators
– VCRs & DVD players
– telephones & battery backups
– VHS/cassette tapes/CDs/DVDs
– miscellaneous electronics (most anything that plugs-in or runs on batteries)
– automotive batteries
– clean Styrofoam & Packing Peanuts
– eyeglasses (in cooperation with McHenry Lions Club)
We will provide one semi-trailer every month to haul away most of the electronic recycling except for a few items. Once the trailer is full, the doors will be closed for that date and recycling will resume the next month.