A press release from the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department:
Attempt To Disarm A Peace Officer
A 23-year-old Carpentersville man has been charged with attempting to disarm a peace officer and multiple drugs, the Sheriff’s Office said Friday.
On Thursday at about 3 p.m., deputies conducted a traffic stop on Virginia Rd and Darlington Ln., Crystal Lake for use of an electronic device by the driver, Jordon D. Linson-Currie.
A probable cause search of the vehicle was conducted after the odor of cannabis was detected.
After searching the vehicle, the following was discovered:
- 59 Grams of Cannabis packaged in roughly 1 oz. baggies;
- 13 Xanax bars;
- a scale and packaging material; and
- $620 USC.
When the deputies attempted to take Jordon into custody a brief scuffle ensued, at which point Jordon attempted to grab one deputy’s firearm and pull it from the holster.
Jordon was subsequently taken into custody without further incident and transported to the McHenry County Correctional Facility.
Arrested: Jordon D Linson-Currie, Male, 23, Carpentersville, Illinois
- Attempting to Disarm a Peace Officer (Class 2
- Possession of Cannabis w/Intent to Deliver (Class 3)
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Class 4)
- Possession of Cannabis 30-100 Grams (Class A)
- Resisting Arrest (Class A)
Next court date: August 21, 2018 at 9:00 a.m., Bond: $70,000
The charges against this individual are merely allegations against him. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.