A couple of Friends of McHenry Count Blog sent me a Northwest Herald article entitled,
“Board’s 11.2-percent property tax cut drops to 9.5 percent”
“Funny I don’t see a quote from Franks!?”
The reporter wrote that after the numbers were examined (links provided by McHenry County Blog below) by the NWH “…the property tax levy was less than what was celebrated…”
Celebrated by Jack Franks?
No, celebrated by “…in County Board chambers…”
How a mistake trumped by Jack Franks and the NWH occur?
County Administrator Peter Austin said that the 11.2% was “our best guess.”
“The number is never what we say it will be,” the NWH quotes Austin.
I don’t remember such a qualification when Jack Franks announced the “11.2% cut.”
No correction was announced after the McHenry County Clerk issued the real hard numbers used to calculate this year’s tax bills in April.
Except on McHenry County Blog.
The article concludes with the County Administrator suggesting, “…maybe we have to be a little more careful.”
Tune in tomorrow to find out how Jack Franks is planning to cut taxes without cutting spending.
= = = = =
- 2017 levy, collected this year: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/home/showdocument?id=84874
- 2016 levy, collected last year: https://www.mchenrycountyil.gov/home/showdocument?id=84874A
= = = = =
Here McHenry County Blog articles debunking the 11.2% cut repeatedly advanced by Jack Franks:
- 8-16-18 “Will Northwest Herald Deserve a “Fake News” Label for County Board Coverage?”
- 8-16-18 “Bad Math at the Chicago Tribune and Northwest Herald“
- 7-6-18 “Frankly Speaking” (County Newsletter
- 6-4-18 “How McHenry County Tax Districts Contributed to 2018 Real Estate Tax Bills“
- 5-29-18 “McHenry County’s 2018 Real Estate Tax Bill Music Video” (The facts set to music.)