A press release from the Crystal Lake Fire Department:
2018 Open House
The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department will be hosting their annual Open House on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Fire Station #1, 100 W. Woodstock Street (Municipal Complex).
The public is invited to attend and participate or observe the interactive and educational activities for the whole family.
Activities will include displays of firefighting gear, fire engines, ambulances, and other emergency equipment.
There will be tours of the fire station, hose drills for children, and the practice of exiting a house from our Safety House.
The Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department will conduct the following demonstrations: a live burn fire sprinkler activation, fire extinguisher use, and door breaching.
Other groups and partners in the community participating will include:
- Flight for Life helicopter and crew
- Nicor providing safety information
- Southeast Communications Center (SEECOM) dispatchers discussing 911
- Salvation Army providing refreshments
- Senior Services
- the Crystal Lake Police Department.
Parking will be available at:
- Crystal Lake Municipal Complex, 100 W. Woodstock Street.
- The parking lot across from 110 W. Woodstock Street
Further information can be obtained from Lindsey Calin at (815)356-3640.