A press release from the McHenry County Sheriff Department:
McHenry Man Arrested on Drug Charges
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Task Force (which includes Task Force Officers from Lake in the Hills PD, McHenry City PD and Woodstock PD) arrested Edward M. Ramirez, 20,
of McHenry Tuesday on multiple drug charges.
Ramirez is being held on no bond.
The arrest follows a two-month investigation, launched in the wake of numerous citizen complaints
of drug dealing from a residence in the 3200 block of Cherry Avenue in McHenry and other locations
in Island Lake.
Ramirez was arrested and a search was conducted at his home.
At the conclusion of the investigation, detectives seized
- 76 tabs of LSD;
- 705.85 grams of cannabis;
- less than a gram of cocaine;
- $510 in United States Currency;
- packaging materials; and
- a scale.
The estimated street value of the narcotics seized is approximately $15,000.
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office encourages anyone with information regarding criminal
activities to contact either the McHenry County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-762-STOP (7867), The
McHenry County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at (815) 338-2144, or the tip line email address;
TipLine@mchenrycountyil.gov. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward
up to $1,000.00 for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the offender(s).
- Edward M. Ramirez, Male, 20, 3200 block Cherry Ave., McHenry
- 2 counts – Unlawful Delivery of a Controlled Substance (class X)
- 2 counts – Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (class 1)
- Unlawful Delivery of a Controlled Substance (class 2)
- Unlawful Delivery of Cannabis (class 2)
- Unlawful Possession of Cannabis (class 3)
- 2 counts – Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (class 4)
Next court date: December 12, 2018 at 8:30 a.m., No Bond
The charges against this individual are merely allegations against him. All defendants are presumed innocent untilproven guilty in a court of law.