From the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County:
Reserve your spot with
THE ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENDERS’ COMMUNITY SOLAR FARM
“I would like to express my appreciation for the Defender’s efforts to bring community solar to our Dean Street property. It seems to me to be an excellent opportunity to support renewable energy, reduce subscribers’ energy cost and to even generate revenue for the Defenders. I hope we can quickly line up enough interested people among our membership to enable this very important project to move forward.” Richard Brook, Defenders’ member
PLEASE PRINT THE BELOW OR ACCESS LETTER HERE: http://mcdef.org/
Dear Environmental Defenders Members and Friends,
Would you like to get your electricity from a clean energy source while saving money on your electricity bill? Now is your chance!
The Environmental Defenders has retained Community Green Energy (CGE) to bring a community solar installation to our Dean Street property in Woodstock! Together, we are launching this exciting solar project to meet Defenders mission of Citizens Working for a Healthy Environment and to offer a clean electricity option to our community. Defenders members and friends have the first opportunity to fulfill your home or business’s electricity needs with locally-produced, clean renewable energy from our solar facility.
Our plan is for a solar array of approximately 700kW to be constructed by mid-year 2019. This array will be able to supply power to approximately 200-300 homes. Our next step is a crucial one as we will need to demonstrate to the Illinois Power Agency (IPA) that the project is ready to move forward by mid-January. To do that, we need to show that we have lined up homes and businesses interested in subscribing to receive their electricity from our solar system. Anyone who gets their energy through ComEd’s distribution system is eligible to subscribe to our solar system.
We are asking you today to indicate your intent to subscribe to this exciting opportunity to satisfy your electricity needs from our solar facility.
Check out the following reasons why it is a win for our planet, a win to reduce climate change and a win for you financially. We hope the following details help answer your questions, but please see at bottom other opportunities to learn more, along with contact information.
1. There is absolutely ZERO upfront cost to you. Subscribing is FREE.
2. When the solar system comes online, you will immediately reduce your cost of electricity (excluding the ComEd line fee) by 12%-15% less than your current cost. This is done through an on-bill crediting process that ComEd administers. Every kWh of electricity that your subscribed panels produce will receive an on-bill monetary credit of $0.058 to reduce the electric bill you will still get from ComEd. The price you will pay to CGE for the solar kWh produced will be no more than $0.049/kWh, so in effect you are reducing your ComEd billed kWh by almost 1¢. Think of this as choosing an alternate energy supplier, a renewable one, at a better price than you currently pay for electricity supply.
3. Your subscription rate is FIXED, right from the start. It will never go up. That’s right, never, as long as you are a subscriber. And you know that utility rates go up, all the time. So as they do, your subscription becomes more valuable to you, because your subscription is a long term savings hedge against volatile utility price increases.
4. Your initial subscription term is only three (3) years. You will not be required to make a long term commitment. After the initial 3-year term you may terminate at any time by simply paying a reasonable termination fee (under $100) to offset the administrative cost of adding a replacement subscriber or transferring it to someone you identify. (Note: You will have to terminate if you move out of the ComEd service territory. If you move and stay within the ComEd footprint, you may remain a subscriber and we simply make the logistical change.)
5. You may subscribe to the amount of panel production that offsets up to 100% of your historic annual usage. That means, if you subscribe to the maximum allowable amount, you will save 10-15% on every kWh of electricity you draw from the grid. And remember, your subscription price never goes up. But your on-bill credit value should, so your annual savings can only increase.
To be part of the Environmental Defenders community solar experience, here’s what you need to do:
1.) Reserve your subscription by providing the following information and by signing and returning this reservation form. (Your reservation is not a contract. When the facility is closer to going online, those who have indicated they wish to subscribe to the Defenders’ community solar project will be given a contract to review in order to subscribe to the amount of generated solar energy you need for your home or business.) PLEASE RETURN BY JANUARY 8.
Print Name: ______________________________
2.) Provide the most recent copy of your electric bill (all pages) including the page that illustrates your past 12-month usage.
Any questions, please call 815-338-0393.
You may return this reservation form and electric bill copy to:
By mail to:
Community Green Energy, LLC
5072 State Road 50
Delavan, WI, 53115
Attn: Michael Erickson
By email to: merickson@