And here’s the evidence:
- electricity off for a lot of McHenry residents, but despite so-called “smart meters,” Police ask residents “to report your outage directly to Comed for their accurate tracking.” Go figure.
- In McHenry, the following will be closed for another 2-3 hours at this time.
– East Bound Il route 120 at Crystal Lake rd
– West Bound Route 120 at Borden S
- the Walkup Avenue railroad crossing is being repaired
- garbage pick-up won’t happen in a couple of municipalities
Today is reminding me of January 20, 1982, when I was running for State Comptroller.
I had an event in Peoria and was driving back to Woodstock at night.
The radio was reporting 154 degree wind chill temperatures.
If the heater in my little red 1977 Honda Civic (Civics were really small back then) was working, I couldn’t feel it.
Then, the four-cylinder engine started sputtering.
The car slowed to 30-35 MPH north of Huntley, pretty much the middle of nowhere.
You can bet I was praying that I would make it home to Madison Street and was quite relieved when I did.
What to look forward to: