The McHenry County Donald Trump State of the State Speech was held at the Rib House in Crystal Lake.
Here is a press release about the event:
McHenry County Conservatives Hold Donald Trump State of the State Speech Party
A newly formed meetup.com group called ‘McHenry County Conservatives’ hosted a State of the Union Watch Party entitled ‘Make TV Great Again!’
Most people, however, who positively RSVP’d took the advice of severe weather warnings to stay off the ice filled roads.
Much to the surprise of the meetup.com host, Algonquin, Crystal Lake, Cary, McHenry, Woodstock, Lake in the Hills, and Huntley were represented at the Watch Party in Crystal Lake last night. Ages of attendees ranged from 26-81.
2 Veterans, 3 Legal Immigrants, 6 elected officials from Precinct Committeeman to County wide, 1 candidate seeking office for school board, 7 small business owners, Libertarians/Independents/Republicans and ALL Conservatives.
The Conservatively priced all you could eat, All-American fare included: Fresh Salad, Pulled Pork Minis, Coleslaw, Buttered Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Baked Chicken, BBQ Ribs, and Buffalo Wings.
The meetup group went from 1 to 16 within a week and will be hosting more events to follow for Like-minded, Liberty loving patriots.
There was no meetup administrative charge for the groundbreaking event last night.
“Make America Great Again” hats were given to all those determined enough to attend despite the ice storm.
- “Here, in the United States, we are alarmed by new calls to adopt socialism in our country,America was founded on liberty and independence — and not government coercion, domination and control.”We were born free and we will stay free. America will Never be a Socialist Country”
- “We will never abolish the border patrol agents of I.C.E.” as the camera panned to Democrat New York senator/presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand who vowed to abolish I.C.E.
- “In the past, most of the people in this room voted for a wall. But the proper wall never got built. I will get it built. Simply put, walls work and walls save lives. The wall will be built”
- “Tolerance for illegal immigration is not compassionate,” Trump said in the second State of the Union address of his presidency. It is actually very cruel.”
- “Wealthy politicians and donors push for open borders while living their lives behind walls and gates and guards.”
- The chants of “USA! USA!” after describing our U.S. Military.
- “The next major priority for me and for all of us should be to lower the cost of health care and prescription drugs — and to protect patients with pre-existing conditions.”
- “There could be no greater contrast to the beautiful image of a mother holding her infant child than the chilling displays our nation saw in recent days,” he said, referring to efforts by Democrats in New York and Virginia to loosen restrictions on abortion rights.”
- “600,000 new manufacturing jobs”
- “Victory is not winning for our party. Victory is winning for our country.”