From the Woodstock Police Department:
Home Invasion and Mob Action Arrests
On Sunday, April 7th, 2019, at approximately 3:25 a.m., the Woodstock Police Department was dispatched to the 1900 block of Sheila Street in reference to a Home Invasion that had just occurred.
The suspects had fled the scene prior to officers’ arrival.
First responding officers learned that the suspects were all known to the victims and this incident was not a random act.
Leads and information continued to be developed over the next couple of days, leading to the identification of four suspects in the incident.
The Woodstock Police Department’s Investigations Division, along with guidance from the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office, was able to obtain arrest warrants for four suspects.
With the assistance of the US Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force and the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department, one of the suspects, Andrea Varnado, was taken into custody at her residence in Woodstock on Tuesday, April 9th .
Three of the four suspects had fled the McHenry County area adding to the complexity of the investigation.
The US Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force was able to locate the other three suspects in the Racine, Wisconsin area and also took them into custody without incident.
Information regarding this incident was not previously released due to this being an isolated incident, there being no perceived threat to the general public, and due to the sensitive nature of the information with known suspects being at-large.
- Andrea L. Varnado (F/B/36), 1732 Havens Drive Woodstock
- Donley M. Carey (M/B/33), 1732 Havens Drive, Woodstock
- Roger L. Gardner (M/B/25), Unknown Address, Racine, WI
- Jimmy D. Carey (M/B/33), 1226 Erie Street. Racine, WI
- Varnado – Home Invasion – Class X Felony, Mob Action –
Mob Action – Class 4 Felony, $100,000 (10% Applies)
- Donley Carey – Home Invasion – Class X Felony – Homr Invasion, Class 4 Felony – Mob Action, Battery – Class A Misdemeanor, Bond: $200,000 (10% Applies)
- Gardner – Class X Felony – Home Invasion, Class 4 Felony – Mob Action, Bond: $200,000 (10% Applies)
- Jimmy Carey – Class X Felony – Home Invasion Battery,
- Class 4 Felony – Mob Action, Class A Misdemeanor Bond: $150,000 (10% Applies)
The public is reminded that an arrest is not evidence of guilt and that all defendants in a criminal case are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law