From the Illinois Famioy Institute:
You can make your opposition to legalizing “hopped-up super weed” known by filing a witness slip.
SB 7 will commercialize and legalize high potency marijuana in Illinois. The proponents of the 533-page bill are calling it “equity” legislation.
SB 7 will waive 50% of licensing fees; allow ownership of up to 10 dispensaries; provide grants or interest-free loans for licenses and dispensaries to individuals who have been “disproportionately impacted” (i.e minority communities) or have been “arrested for, convicted of” selling or possessing marijuana. What is noteworthy is the fact that the vast majority of incarcerated inmates whose records show possession or possession with the intent to sell, have plea-bargained down from a more serious offense.
Under SB 7, these people will be given special incentives to sell drugs with the help of the government!
Please CLICK HEREto file a witness slip: SB 7 will be heard in the Senate Executive Committee on Wednesday, May 15th at 11:00 am.
- Most people have no trouble. But if you do, try variations of your address. Leave out punctuation, for example, such as the period after the abbreviation for street (St or Ave).
- Fill in your information.
- If you are representing a business/group, indicate that where appropriate. If not, type in self.
- Under “Subject Matter”, make sure that you select SB 7.
- Click on “Record of Appearance Only.”
- Click on “I Agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.”
- Click on “Create(Slip).”
Thank you for taking the time to make your opposition known!