While the Republican Party has recommended former McHenry County Board member Michael Rein to replace Ann Majewski as Coroner, lots of other people have communicated their desire to assume the $104,750 a year post.
State law requires the appointment of a Republican by McHenry County Board Chairman Jack Franks because Majewski was elected as a Republican )never with opposition).
Their names, in alphabetical order, appear below:
- Patricia J. Bogard, previous McHenry County Deputy Coroner with a degree in Mortuary Science, Island Lake
- Shannon Parker Havenhill, MSN, RN, Crystal Lake
- Richard B. Jackson, attorney, Crystal Lake
- Mark Justen, Owner of Justen Funeral Home and Crematory in McHenry
- Lisa A. Maire, retired funeral director
- Orlando Portillo, McHenry County Deputy Coroner and former Lake County Coroner Chief Deputy, Richmond
- Teresa Steph, attorney, Cary
- Edith M. Varga, former McHenry County Deputy Coroner, degree in mortuary science, Richmond