Reversing six years of fiscal conservatism, the four McHenry County Board members elected last spring outvoted the holdovers 4-3 to extract as much money as state law allows from McHenry County property owners.
Taking the side of MCC administrators over taxpayers were the following
- Tom Allen, Lakewood, term ends 2025
- Suzanne Hoban, Woodstock, term ends 2023
- Mary Beth Siddons, McHenry, term ends 2025
- Elizabeth Speros, Crystal Lake, term ends 2021
To flip the vote in future years, the first chance seems to be in the spring of 2021, when the term of Speros expires.
By voting to tak all the Property Tax Cap allows and not keeping the levy constant as it has been for the last half dozzen years, MCC will either go on a spending spree or increase its already hefty surplus of almost 4 and a half million dollars.
The tax take last year was $27,966,936.
For next year, it could increase 2.4% to $28,697,502, assuming the resolution is passed, and growth is as high as college administrstors project.
In case you want to let Trustees know what you think of their actions, see contact information below:
Contact information for Trustees:
Questions/comments for the Board of Trustees can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact an individual trustee:
- Tom Allen email@example.com extension 6372
- Diane Evertsen firstname.lastname@example.org extension 6376
- Suzanne Hoban email@example.com extension 6379
- Mary Beth Siddons firstname.lastname@example.org extension 6378
- Michael Smith email@example.com extension 6373
- Elizabeth Speros firstname.lastname@example.org extension 6377
- Molly Walsh email@example.com extension 6374
- (student trustee) firstname.lastname@example.org extension 6045
To send an email to the full Board or an individual trustee, select a specific email address above. If this does not work on your device, please copy the email address and paste it in the “to” field of your email message.
When calling an individual trustee, dial (815) 455-3700 and enter the extension of the board member you wish to contact.
= = = = =
If you might consioder running in 2021, please shoot an email to me. The address is to the left of this page.