From the McHenry County State’s Attorney:
AHMED TAWFEEQ FOUND GUILTY OF ATTEMPT AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT, AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE, AGGRAVATED BATTERY, UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT AND PROMOTING PROSTITUTION
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that 29-year-old Ahmed Tawfeeq, of Elgin, Illinois, was found guilty, after a bench trial, of the offenses of
- Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault (Class 1 Felony)
- Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse (Class
- Aggravated Battery (Class 3 Felony)
- Unlawful Restraint (Class 4 Felony) and
- Promoting Prostitution (Class 4 Felony). T
Tawfeeq will be sentenced on December 19, 2019 by the Honorable Judge Wilbrandt.
On June 16, 2017, Tawfeeq, an Uber driver, gave the victim a ride from her job to her home.
Tawfeeq stopped the trip early and proceeded to sexually assault her in a parking lot.
The investigation was led by Deputy Chief Michael Freese of the Prairie Grove Police Department and was prosecuted by Mary Ann Scholl and Taylor Nesbit of the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.