The Crystal Lake Park District reports:
On Friday, March 20, 2020, Governor Pritzker ordered a stay-at-home order for Illinois to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). Illinois’ stay-at-home order began at 5 pm on Saturday, March 21, 2020, and continues through Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
The Crystal Lake Park District has already taken many proactive measures to protect the health and wellness of our residents and employees. As the world grapples with COVID-19, we want to update you on added impacts to our parks and programs. All information below is subject to change as the situation progresses. We will continue to re-evaluate and provide an updates as the situation evolves.
- All indoor facilities are closed through April 7.
- Effective Mon, Mar 23 Hound Town is closed until further notice. We will notify all current key card holders by email when the dog park reopens.
- Due to the shutdown of the Administrative Office we are unable to issue NEW boat gate key cards until the office reopens (tentative reopen date April 8, 2020). To accommodate 2019 key card holders who have not yet renewed, key cards for both 2019 and 2020 will remain active at this time.
- Registered programs are canceled or postponed until at through April 7. Cancelled pre-registered special events include: Breakfast with the Bunny (Apr 4), Doggy Egg Hunt (Apr 5). Cancelled drop -In special events include: Scouting Around (April 4), Community Clean-Up Day (Apr 18), Craft like a Pioneer: Candle Dipping (April 18) and American Heritage Merit Badge (April 21),
- Online, mail-in, fax-in registration is available.
- Lippold Park Family Golf Center will have a tentative delayed opening day of May 9
- Staff will be in contact with registered participants/families regarding program make-ups, rescheduling, or refunds.
- Public parks will remain open. We strongly encourage the public to follow social distancing guidelines and not congregate.
- Outdoor courts (tennis, basketball) will remain open but subject to change. Spoerl & Ken Bird Pickleball court nets are to be installed the first week of April (weather & staff dependent) and courts will open for play after that time.
- All playgrounds and Lippold Park Skate Park are closed.
It is important to note that the Park District continues to operate while being closed to the public in the following ways:
- Park Police remain on duty. To report any park damage or if you need Park Police assistance, please call 815-356-3620 (Police non-emergency number)
- Staff working remotely will be available via phone and email Monday-Friday, 8:30 am- 5 pm.
- Parks Department staff will continue to monitor properties and facilities with a reduced crew.
- Please click here to access our staff directory or email firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will be sent to the correct supervisor.
The District is monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak closely and receiving frequent updates from our federal, state and regional public health partners. The District will continue to evaluate and make decisions based on the guidance from these trusted sources.
We encourage residents to follow the District’s social media sites and website (crystallakeparks.org/coronavirus) for the most current information. We also recommend residents sign-up for the Crystal Lake Park E-Newsletter if they haven’t already done so. Subscribe at https://tinyurl.com/SubscribeCLPDConnect