Here are the names of the groups signing on to the screed:
- Activists for Racial Equity (ARE): Crystal Lake and Surrounding Communities
- McHenry Direct Action
- Standing Up Against Racism- (SUAR) Woodstock
- Elgin in Solidarity with Black Lives Matter
- Fox Valley Citizens for Peace and Justice
- Elgin Coalition for Immigrant Rights
- Occupy Elgin
- D156 LASO
This is the second time this material has been published in the Northwest Herald. It also ran Friday.
Their thesis seems to be that boarders are “lies of ‘us’ and ‘them.’”
This sounds like the push back I received when, as the 2002 Libertarian Party candidate for Governor, I proposed using the new and empty Moline maximum security prison to house ICE detainees.
The opposition to the idea was so strong, I had to take the press release off my web site.
I did convince the two main players in the Illinois Libertarian Party that one could not have a country without borders, a position I still hold.