Looking at the McHenry County Democratic Party’s campaign disclosure statement, what pops out is the dog that didn’t bark.
Two years ago lots of money $11,833.33 was funneled through the Rock Island County Democratic Central Committee to McHenry County.
This year receipts for local Democrats totaled just $6,393.
Those giving over $150 were
- Pat Lawlor, Marengo – $1,520
- Ann Painchaud, Algonquin – $185
- Ray Thornton, Marengo – $275
An additional $3,853 was received in amounts less than $150.
A refund of $500 from McHenry County College is also reported. That’s where the party has rented a meeting room in the past.
Spent was $9,212.65, that which was over $150 is detailed below:
- $2,100 rent to Maria Manriguez of Woodstock
- $681.86 to Cary’s Smith & Associates for insurance
- $1,736 to Chicago’s Minuteman Press for mugs
- $1,000 to the Illinois Democratic County Chair’s Association for a sponsorship of a Springfield brunch (Kristina Zahorik, McHenry County Dem Chair, heads the state organization)
- $600 to Illinois Democratic County Chair’s Association for yard signs
- $1,695.44 to Forest Printing Company of Forest Park for brochures
- $118 a month for internet service
- $38 a month for gas
- $180 refund to Susan Brens of Huntley for the Thomas Jefferson Day Dinner
- $54 a month for L.A.’s Nationbuilder for a web site