From McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office:
HUMAN TRAFFICKING STING RESULTS IN THREE ARRESTS
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney and Chief Tom Sanders, Spring Grove Police Department, announce that three individuals were arrested for Promoting Prostitution and Prostitution during a human trafficking sting.
The operation was planned, coordinated, and executed on November 18, 2020 in Spring Grove at the Spring Spa, 2020 US Route 12, by
- the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office’s Human Trafficking Task Force,
- the Department of Homeland Security/Homeland Security Investigations, and
- the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
The McHenry County Human Trafficking Task Force is made up of
- Algonquin Police Department,
- Cary Police Department,
- Crystal Lake Police Department,
- Huntley Police Department,
- Illinois State Police,
- Lake in the Hills Police Department,
- Johnsburg Police Department,
- McHenry City Police
- Spring Grove Police Department and Woodstock Police Department.
“I want to thank all the law enforcement agencies that participated in this investigation; the coordination was terrific,” said Chief Sanders.
This investigation is the culmination of weeks of work by law enforcement, which included surveillance and undercover operations and involved investigators, service providers, and interpreters.
After a raid conducted yesterday at the spa, law enforcement seized approximately $26,000 in cash and over $10,000 in checks.
In addition, the following individuals were arrested:
- Un Hui Wilcox, 3 Counts of Promoting Prostitution
- Hyun J. Nam, Promoting Prostitution Prostitution
- Jial Lee, Prostitution
Multiple workers were removed from the Spa.
These workers were offered services, which included housing
and psychological treatment.
The investigation is ongoing.
“Thank you to the police departments and federal agencies that participated in the Taskforce as we continue to confront the urgent problem of human trafficking in all its forms throughout the County,” said Kenneally.