The publication of the autobiography of Jack Franks published on behalf of his candidacy for Trustee of the General Assembly Retirement System stimulated commentator “Let’s Gibbo” to write this biography:
Let me post an alternate resume for Mr. Franks:
* Investigated by Illinois State Police for allegations of criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, stalking, aggravated battery, and official misconduct
* Banned from entering State Capitol Complex in Springfield without a police escort
* Voted for a huge Com Ed rate hike in 2016 after receiving $11,900 in contributions from Com Ed, its parent company, and CEO
* Requested jobs in the Blagojevich administration for his wife, father, and brother
* Voted 9 times as State Rep to elect Michael Madigan Speaker of Illinois House
* Held in contempt of court for refusal to answer discovery in Tirio defamation suit and fined $100/day commencing on 5/21/2020
* Encouraged union members to picket the places of employment/businesses of Jeff Thorsen and Jim Heisler, two County Board members who disagreed with him, to try to hurt them personally and financially. Thorsen lost his job.
* Modified County Board Rules upon becoming County Board Chairman and removed checks and balances to lessen input from County Board members and make himself de facto county executive
* Made two patronage hires, who acted as political and public relations aides at significant expense to the County, upon becoming County Board Chairman
* Publicly maligned female Department Heads – County Auditor Shannon Teresi, Superintendent of the Regional Board of Education Leslie Schermerhorn, and County Coroner Anne Majewski – who stood up to him
* Participated in moving polling places out of public schools to cater to teacher’s unions and to suppress turnout of in person voters. McHenry County is one of the few Illinois counties that does not have any polling places in public schools.
* Used the mantra of “Transform Illinois” not for government efficiency but for consolidation of power
* Promoted mail in voting, which is prone to fraud and abuse
* Used a scorched earth political strategy to intimidate public officials and citizens and to instill a culture of silence with the message “if you challenge me, I shall destroy you”
This is a start.