Almost twenty days ago, McHenry County Blog reported on Medicare penalties being levied by the Federal government on local hospitals.
While the article focused on hospitals serving local patients, a Chicago Tribune article Thursday reported on hospitals statewide.
Being early in the alphabet helps businesses in the phone book, but is not necessarily an advantage in a list of hospitals being penalized.
Hospitals McHenry County patients use most are listed below
- Centegra Health System – Woodstock Hospital, Woodstock 1.00%
- Centegra Health System – McHenry Hospital, McHenry 1.00%
- Swedish American Hospital, Rockford 0.64%
- Sherman Hospital, Elgin 0.61%
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Barrington 0.48%
- Provena – Saint Joseph Hospital, Elgin, 0.27%
- Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford 0.26%
- Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford 0.04%