Forged Check Thwarted at Crystal Lake Chase Branch, South Florida Multi-State Theft Ring Believed Cracked
A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
On yesterday’s date at approximately 10 AM, Crystal Lake Police were summoned to the JP Morgan Chase Bank located at 550 Crystal Point Drive for an Attempted Forgery.
Upon arrival officers were informed that a female/white driver of a silver Cadillac with out of state license plates accompanied by a male/white passenger presented a forged check at the bank’s drive-up facility.
Bank officials recognized the account number as fictitious at which time they called police.
An attempt to delay the subjects by bank officials failed and the subjects fled the scene leaving behind the check and identification.
At the onset of the investigation a Crystal Lake Officer located the suspect vehicle at Rt. 31 and Rt. 14, however, the vehicle was now occupied by two male/black subjects.
One of the subjects, Marcus H. Permenter (M/B, D.O.B. 05/20/1983 of Pompano Beach, Florida) was found to be in possession of a stolen cellular telephone and was subsequently arrested.
A 5th individual was identified but was released without charges at this time.
As the investigation continued, it was discovered that the above individuals had been staying at the LaQuinta Inn Hotel, 1415 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL.
Arlington Heights Police were notified of the investigation and subsequently located
- Shannon F. McGonigle (F/W, D.O.B 4/15/1982 of Sunrise, Florida),
- Jason Mulderig (M/W, D.O.B. 4/25/1981 of Sunrise, Florida) and
- Jameel M. Little (M/B, D.O.B. 4/22/1977 of 444NW 18th Avenue, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida).
When interviewed, both McGonigle and Mulderig, advised police that they were part of a theft and fraud crew from Florida involved in using stolen checks, stolen identity cards and driver’s licenses.
They further related that they had driven the silver Cadillac to JP Morgan Chase Bank at the direction of Marcus H. Permenter who gave them the fraudulent check and identification with instructions to cash the check.
Officers also attempted to speak with Jameel M. Little but he refused to talk.
The incident was reviewed by McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office who authorized the following charges:
- >Marcus H. Permenter (M/B, D.O.B. 05/20/1983 of Pompano Beach Florida) was charged with 1 Count of Forgery, Class 3 Felony.
- Shannon F. McGonigle (F/W, D.O.B 4/15/1982 of Sunrise, Florida) was charged with 1 Count of Forgery, Class 3 Felony.
- Jason Mulderig (M/W, D.O.B. 4/25/1981 of Sunrise, Florida) was charged with 1 Count of Forgery, Class 3 Felony.
- Jameel M. Little (M/B, D.O.B. 4/22/1977 of 444NW 18th Avenue, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida) was charged with 1 Count of Forgery, Class 3 Felony.
At this time all four suspects remain in custody at the McHenry County Jail. Bail to be set by a Judge.
This investigation will continue as it is believed that this crew is part of a multi-jurisdictional / multi-state theft ring that has been operating between Florida and Illinois.