Here’s what the board members approved in the one-page resolution—entitled “Board Report 07-48”—submitted by MCC President Walter J. Packard:
Facilities Master Plan Health, Wellness, and Athletic Complex
- Authorize legal counsel to file with the City of Crystal Lake a petition to zone the College property for the update Facilities Master Plan and HWAC.
- Authorize the administration to work with college counsel and Patrick Engineering to proceed with the plans for the HWAC and filing them with the City of Crystal Lake.
- Authorize Patrick Engineering to pursue civil engineering to affect the plan.
- Authorize Equity One Corporation to continue with architectural drawings, structural, and mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection drawings and specifications to affect the plan.
- Authorize the administration to submit a Capital Project Application to the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) to construct the HWAC.
- Authorize legal counsel to negotiate a lease with a Frontier League member baseball team for approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Authorize the administration to complete the RFQ process for securing bond counsel and financing for the project.
It is recommended that the Board of Trustees approves the above authorization and the construction of a $26,000,000 Health, Wellness, and Athletic Complex, pending successful completion of the authorizations, PUD approval and zoning from the City of Crystal Lake, and approval from the Illinois Community College Board.
Can you find the two typos?
- Hint # 1: spell check would not catch them.
- Hint # 2: a noun is used as a verb.
- Hint # 3: the same mistake is made twice.Secondly, can you find competitive bidding on anything?
Secondly, can you find any competitive bidding?