In its pre-election report, the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 150 State County & Local Area PAC made 97 contributions from July 1st through October 10th.
They went to both Republicans and Democrats, even in McHenry County.
With a major union hall in Volo just across the McHenry-Lake County line, Local 150 made the following donations to candidates and public officials with constituencies in McHenry County:
- $550 – McHenry County Sheriff Keith Nygren (R-Hebron), who is not on the ballot
- $500 – 26th District state senate candidate Dan Duffy (R-Lake Barrington)
- $500 – State Rep. Jack Franks (D-Marengo), who is unopposed
- $250 – McHenry County Board member Mary Donner (R-Crystal Lake)
- $200 – State Rep. Mike Tryon (R-Crystal Lake)
No big surprise that the union did not contribute to McHenry County State’s Attorney Lou Bianchi. It staunchly supporter Bianchi’s primary opponent Dan Regna.
= = = = =
The image at the right of Operating Engineers Local 150 President Bill Dugan (now retired) and Dan Regna was found on the Operating Engineers’ web page. Click to enlarge.