And the pork barrels keep rolling out of Congress.
Today, we look at the money tucked away in the Health and Human Services and Labor Department Budget.
I had to find Taxpayers for Common Sense to figure out who claimed what.
Again the list is in alphabetical order by the names of Illinois congressmen. If there is more than one listed as receiving credit for a project, the project is listed under the first named. If a house member and Senator Dick Durbin are both listed, the project is listed under the U.S. Representative’s name. Projects are listed under Durbin’s name only if he is the only member of Congress listed.
Those which name only “The President” have been ignored. There is no way to know if they are ones converted from Barack Obama’s senate service or whether they just bear his moniker.
Goodness knows, they could be earmarks from when Obama was in the senate. Retired Congressmen Rahm Emanuel and Ray LaHood, both now serving with the President, have projects in the list below, as does retired Congressman Jerry Weller.
The name of new U.S. Senator Roland Burris appears no where I have looked.
There is so much, I have broken it in four parts. Today, you can see the projects attached to 8th congressional district Democrat Melissa Bean’s name. No project is in McHenry County, even the one on childhood obesity based at Good Shepherd Hospital.
The hospice building could serve McHenry County residents.
Those credited to Metro East Democrat Jerry Costello and Chicago Democrat Danny Davis appear below.
- HHS CDC $48,000 Bean – Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, Barrington, IL, for the Expansion of an Ongoing Project to Address the Growing Problem of Childhood Obesity among Elementary Schools in Lake County
- HHS Health Resources and Services Administration $951,000 Bean, Gutierrez, Jackson – Children’s Memorial Hospital for Facilities and Equipment
- HHS Health Resources and Services Administration $552,000 Bean – Hospice of Northeastern Illinois, Harrington (sic), IL, for Facilities and Equipment
- HHS Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration $100,800 Bean – Kids Hope United, Lake Villa, IL, for the Multi-Systemic Therapy Program for Youth
- HHS Administration on Aging $143,000 Costello – St. Clair Office on Aging, Bellville, IL, for a Senior Wellness Center Demonstration Programming
- HHS Health Resources and Services Administration $190,000 Davis – Board of Commissioners for Cook County, Chicago, IL, for Facilities and Equipment
- HHS Health Resources and Services Administration $357,000 Davis – Loretto Hospital, Chicago, IL, for Facilities and Equipment
- Labor Employment & Training Administration $71,000 Davis – DRF Enterprises, Inc., Broadview, IL, for Training and Placement in the Landscaping Industry
Tomorrow, we’ll see what Durbin claimed all on his own.