Don’t know why I didn’t think to look at McHenry County Lou Bianchi’s campaign disclosure forms before.
Probably because he is not up for re-election.
I guess the special prosecutor’s executing a search warrant in Bianchi’s office late Friday afternoon spurred me to take a look at his D-2’s this morning.
No money was raised in the first half of this year.
Of the $45,800 in the bank on January 1st, $6,800 was spent.
Having written the first article that revealed that Governor Rod Blagojevich was paying his attorneys with campaign funds, I wanted to see if Bianchi was, too.
Here’s what Bianchi bought from January through June:
- $823 – The Media Center, Crystal Lake (stationery)
- $575 – Committee To Elect Ken Koehler Committee To Elect Ken Koehler
- $500 – Committee to Elect Michael W. Tryon
- $500 – Boulder Ridge Country Club, Lake in the Hills (fundraiser)
- $460 – Postmaster
- $345 – Spangler Fulfillment Center, Bryon, OH (parade supplies)
- $328 – Locker’s Flowers, McHenry (flowers)
- $262 – Turning Point (fundraiser)
- $226 – Amazon.com (equipment)
- $200 – Subway, Crystal Lake (Gift cards)
- $170 – Marion Central Catholic High School (fundraiser)
- $160 – Hands of Hope. Barrington (fundraiser)
Bianchi is holding a $75 fundraiser at Boulder Ridge on Thursday, the 19th. I wonder if the Italian food will be as good as it was last summer at Turnberry Country Club.