What you see below is the Lori McConville piece that Terry Kappel was passing out on West Crystal Lake Avenue on Sunday afternoon.
It is clearly designed to be a post card as well.
We need government that serves all of us, not just some of us. As your representative I pledge to:
- Being the citizen’s voice to the County Board.
- Preserve the rural character of our communities.
- Support transparency in local government.
- Oppose pay raises for elected officials.
- Encourage sustainable jobs to support efficient government.
- Be active, informed and involved.
Let’s play for the future by living within our means today. Let your voice be heard by voting for me.
On the back, “The choice is clear” is superimposed over “A New Voice” at the top.
Below you see
The future of McHenry County depends on your vote.
Democracy works best when all voices are heard, and that’s why I have decided to run for County Board. I want to make other opinions heard, making the citizen’s voice stronger at the county level. We don’t have to settle for the same old choices with the same old results. If you agree that we need a new voice on the McHenry County Board, please vote for me. Your vote really does matter.
EXPERIENCE AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Nunda Township Planning Commission
- Elementary Educator, District 47
- Administrative Assistant for Philadelphia’s Girard Estate, an endowment for single-parent children
- Boy and Girl Scout Leader and Committee Chair
- McHenry County Environmental Defenders
- Holding the County accountable to the principles of the 2030 Land Use Plan.
- Promoting business development to bring high-quality, environmentally friendly jobs to McHenry County.
- Work to protect our water supply and rural environment by opposing poor zoning decisions.
- Most important of all, listening to you.
On the bottom in small print is
“I hope this card will help you cast an informed vote. If you have any questions, call 815-382-2731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”