It’s not only Tribune investigative reporter Joe Mahr who is asking for detailed information from the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department.
So is the BGA, in the person of policy intern Samuel Cuomo.
On December 29th he sent the following Freedom of Information request (click to enlarge) to the Sheriff’s Department:
- the charge or charges filed against each inmate
- the case number that contains those charges
- the date the inmate entered jail after his or her arrest on those charges
- the date of release from jail
- the type of release from jail (bond posted, transfer to IDOC, charges dismissed, or credited time served
- if the inmate was incarcerated in the county jail more than once on the same charge, we are requesting the date for each third incarceration
In September, the BGA reported that the Sheriff’s Department was being investigated by the Illinois State Police.
= = = = =
Please see “BGA Probe of Sheriff’s Office Much Less Than It Seemed” for amplification of this article.