$143,646 donated to the Dave McSweeney campaign during the last three months of 2011 and $116,271.49 spent.
$20,290.02 owed, most to Majority Strategies of Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, but $7,500 to the candidate himself.
All but $1,596 of McSweeney’s contributions from individuals and businesses are listed on the form submitted:
- $10,000 – Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Schaumburg
- $10,000 – The Pepper Companies, Chicago
- $5,000 – James R.T. Bartlett, Rye, NY
- $5,000 – Leslie Brille, Greenwich, CT
- $5,000 – Gerald R. Forsythe, Wheeling
- $5,000 – H. John Gilbertson, Lake Forest
- $5,000 – Invenergy LLC, Chicago
- $5,000 – Todd Kaplan Trust, Winnetka
- $5,000 – James M. Mercurio, Houston, TX
- $5,000 – Merrick Ventures, LLC, Chicago
- $5,000 – Thomas Montag, New York, NY
- $5,000 – Scott A. Mulcahy, Chicago
- $5,000 – Roxelyn M. Pepper, Barrington
- $5,000 – Richard S. Pepper Trust, Barrington
- $5,000 – William D. Rockford, Scottsdale, AZ
- $5,000 – Mikail Segal, Mikhail
- $5,000 – Sofia Segal, New York, NY
- $3,000 – S. Lane Genatowski, Houston, TX
- $3,000 – Edward Sondey, Bronxville, NY
- $2,000 – Joseph R. Swanson, Barrington
- $2,500 – Thomas C. Fitzgerald, Naples, FL
- $2,500 – David W. Grainger, Lake Forest
- $2,500 – Richard W. Porter, Winnetka$2,000 – Lester Crown, Chicago
- $2,000 – Delta Star Incorporated, Lynchburg, VA
- $2,000 – Daniel Dickinson, Daniel
- $2,000 – John M. Pratt, Kenilworth
- $2,000 – John W. Salyer, Jr., Schaumburg
- $1,000 – Norman R. Bobins, Chicago
- $1,000 – James E. Bramsen, Barrington$500 – Michael Bukhalo, Arlington Heights
- $1,000 – Ronald J. Gidwitz, Chicago
- $1,000 – Marilyn J, Hayden, Scottsdale, AZ
- $1,000 – Denis H. Healy, Chicago
- $1,000 – Cara M. Kretz, North Barrington
- $1,000 – Robert C. McNair, Houston, TX
- $1,500 – MidAmerican Energy Company, Sioux City, IA
- $1,000 – Michael A. O’Sullivan, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- $1,000 – Martin Ozinga, III, Mokena
- $1,000 – James Robo, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- $1,000 – Partho Sanyal, Summit, NJ
- $1,000 – Victoria Wauterlek, Barrington
- $750 – William D. Smithburg, Chicago
- $500 – Michael J. Deforge, Scarsdale, NY
- $500 – Michael Hammond Dunn, New York, NY
- $500 – Michael L. Keiser, Chicago
- $500 – Kenneth J . Kies, Mc Lean, VA
- $500 – Jeffrey P. Kulik, Glen Ridge, NJ
- $500 – James Lancaster, Barrington Hills
- $500 – William J. McSweeney, Elk Grove Village
- $500 – Luke F. Praxmarer, Palatine
- $500 -Thomas R. Rosen, North Caldwell, NJ
- $500 – J. Peter Simon, Green Village, NJ
- $500 – Nina Stephenson, Barrington Hills
- $300 – Mary Ostrom, Barrington Hills
- $250 – T.P. Ahmadi, T.P., Mobile, AL
- $250 – Peter H. Kind, Great Neck, NY
- $250 – Michael A. Menis, Barrington
- $250 – William D. Rogers, New York, NY
Here is McSweeney’s take on the report to the Illinois State Board of Elections:
McSweeney Campaign Reports over $143,000 Raised Last Quarter –
Begins 2012 with Important Republican Endorsements
Barrington Township: David McSweeney, candidate for State Representative in the 52nd District, raised over $143,000 last quarter as reported today to the Illinois State Board of Elections.
The bulk of the money was spent on mailings informing the voters on where he stands on the issues.
McSweeney significantly outraised both of his opponents combined.
“I am proud of the support that I have received from individuals who have put their trust in me to champion real pro-growth economic principles in Springfield.
“My message of cutting spending and repealing the 67% tax increase has resonated not only with donors to my campaign, but also with the hard working residents of the 52nd District.
“The contributions that I have received have paid for nearly a dozen mailings to date outlining my positions on the issues,” said McSweeney.
“I believe in transparency in government and my campaign reflects that. I have worked hard to raise the money necessary to get my message out.
“The voters deserve and require an open and honest campaign on the issues and they have the right to know where the support of the candidates involved is coming from.
“If elected to State Representative in the 52nd District, I will push to further reform the campaign finance laws and eliminate taxpayer-funded mailings by legislators,” said McSweeney.
“I’m encouraged that my reform message is being well received by the voters and am proud to have recently received the important Wauconda Township Republican Organization and Cuba Township Republican Organization endorsements. I will continue to work hard to deliver my reform message to the residents of the 52nd District” said McSweeney.