McHenry County Blog has previously listed the campaign contributions and expenditures for the last quarter of last year for Karen McConnaughay, the Kane County Board Chairman running for a new State Senate seat.
She is running against former Gilberts Village Trustee Cliff Surges.
McConnaughay had $72,000 available on January 1st. Surges has $30,000.
McConnaughay raised $76,000 in the last quarter; Surges took in $5,650.
Despite the difference in financing, McConnaughy’s lead over Surges barely exceeds the margin of error in last week’s We Ask America poll.
Individuals and business gave Surges $2,650. Political Action Committees contributed an additional $3,000.
Here are the donations of over $150 to Surges from individuals and businesses:
- $1,000 – NAIFA Illinois, Springfield
- %250 – Friends for Lauzen, Aurora
- $250 – James Moffett, Lake in the Hills
- $200 – James Dufelmeier, Dundee
- $250 – NAD Enterprises, Inc., East Dundee
Here are the Political Action Committee contributions:
- $2,500 – American Family Insurance Illinois Political Action Committee, Madison, WI
- $500 – Illinois Insurance Political Committee, Springfield