In preparation for the upcoming election on November 6, The Alliance for Land, Agriculture and Water (ALAW) has surveyed and interviewed County Board candidates on environmental issues. We are focused specifically on their understanding of the complex relationship of land use to the preservation of open space, agriculture and water resources.
Our non-partisan recommendations for this election are:
- District 1: No recommendations
- District 2: Donna Kurtz, Jim Heisler, Carolyn Schofield, Jim Roden;
- District 3: Michael Walkup;
- District 4: John Hammerand;
- District 5: John Jung Jr., Paula Yensen;
- District 6: Ersel Schuster, Diane Evertsen.
Copies of the survey for each candidate are available on our web site at https://sites.google.com/site/
We would like to remind you that “vote for not more than four” does not mean you cannot limit your vote to one, two or three candidates.
ALAW encourages all registered voters to exercise their right to vote this election.
Patricia Kennedy, President
Alliance for Land, Agriculture and Water
= = = = =
Fourteen candidates answered the organization’s questionnaire last spring.