A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
Subjects Arrested for Prostitution during Crystal Lake Undercover Operation
On Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 the Crystal Lake Police Department, with assistance from the
- McHenry County Sheriff’s Police,
- Kane County Sheriff’s Police, and
- Agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement
conducted investigative operations at three businesses within the City which were operating as day spas or massage facilities.
Following citizen complaints of suspicious and at times suspected criminal activity, officers acting in an undercover capacity posed as customers at the [following Crystal Lake establishments]:
- Marigolds Massage; 2 Crystal Lake Plaza
- Blue Sky Spa; 631 North Rt. 31
- Aleda Massage, 1500 Carlemont Drive
During transactions at these businesses, employees engaged in sexual acts with undercover officers in exchange for payment.
All four subjects were found to not possess a valid Illinois Massage License as required.
This investigation culminated in the arrests of the following subjects.
- Chom Peloquin (56) of Crystal Lake – charged with Prostitution and a violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
- Sun Guifen (49) of Crystal Lake – charged with a violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
- Li Huang (43) of Crystal Lake – charged with Prostitution and a violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
- Lijuan Pan (48) of Crystal Lake – charged with Prostitution and violation of the Illinois Massage Licensing Act.
Additional charges and arrests are expected as numerous violations of City Ordinances pertaining to building codes were also discovered.
*Suspects listed are considered innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.
= = = = =
Solicitation for services at Marigolds Massage was so brazen that a women was observed soliciting business across Route 14 near Country Donuts. The day the announcement of the arrest for prostitution at the old office of the Northwest Herald on Pingree Road I looked on Craig’s list for massage parlors in Crystal Lake and found one located in the Crystal Lake Plaza.
I should also pass on a story from my Crystal Lake Jaycees days. We were meeting at Martinetti’s (where the GMC dealership is now located.) After the meeting some of us guys (the wives were in an auxiliary in those days) were in the bar. A couple of young women came in and started chatting. Mrs. Martinetti saw them, came over and said, “I told you never to leave the motel.”
The young women were Caucasian.