A press release from the Doug Truax campaign for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate:
Truax trouncing Oberweis 10-1 in early endorsements
DOWNERS GROVE — Demonstrating his ability to build a wide coalition needed to defeat Dick Durbin, West Point grad, Army veteran and successful businessman Doug Truax is trouncing opponent Jim Oberweis in endorsements for the GOP nomination for U.S. Senate.
“We are extremely humbled that our message of giving pink slips to career politicians standing in the way of middle class prosperity is catching on,” Truax said. “Our campaign represents the best hope of defeating Dick Durbin, who has presided over the steepest economic decline in state history.”
Truax has gained the following endorsements, recommendations or pluralities from the following Republican organizations.
- Cook County Republican Party (vote plurality)
- New Trier (Cook) Republican Organization (endorsement)
- Palatine Township (Cook) Republican Organization (endorsement)
- Cuba Township (Lake) Republicans (endorsement)
- Niles Township (Cook) Republican Organization (endorsement)
- Northfield Township (Cook) Republican Organization (recommendation)
- Palos Township (Cook) Republican Organization (endorsement)
- Evanston Township (Cook) GOP (endorsement)
- Federation of Illinois Young Republicans (endorsement)
- Addison Township (DuPage) Republican Organization (endorsement)
Truax said he hopes to announce other endorsements later this week.
“Our campaign is gaining momentum every day,” he said.