In copying what Lee Jennings sent me, I somehow left out the section on “Savings.”
Hence, I am putting the story back at the top.
= = = = =
At the Nunda Township Annual Town Meeting Supervisor Lee Jennings outlined his accomplishments over the last year, plus his plans for the future:
- Dramatically reduced Health Insurance Costs (both Township and Road District)
- Eliminated Pest Control Service
- Eliminated Cleaning Service
- Reduced Phone Line Costs
- Reduced Internet Costs
- Reduced Township Office Staff by One Person
- Eliminated Staff Costs to Open & Close Town Hall and Picnic Facilities
- Eliminated Township IT Services – now performed by Supervisor
- Reduced Costs of Snow Plowing & Lawn Mowing – now done by Road District
- Removed Fencing Surrounding the Township Facilities
- Moved all Regular Township meetings to Town Hall
- Switched all Regular Meeting Dates to the 2nd Thursday of each month
- Added Two ½ walls to Supervisor’s office to create a reception area and provide better security.
- Updated PCs & Software in the Supervisor’s Office. Supervisor donated a network fileserver and other related computer equipment.
- Produced and distributed our first Newsletter and plan to continue to do so twice yearly. It was very well received and has increased the usage of our facilities and services. We’ve had many positive comments and emails regarding it.
- Created a database of past resolutions and ordinances so that we can simplify searching for them in the future.
- In the process of bringing Accounting and Payroll in house.
- Removing the fence has allowed us to have parking for bike path. We will be adding a connection and a crosswalk with appropriate signage soon.
- In the beginning stages of a community garden to help supply local food banks with fresh vegetables. This will be done on a volunteer and donation basis. If anyone would like to volunteer their assistance please call my office.
- Plan to revamp the website within the next year.
- Our successful referendum for contracting of waste hauling within the unincorporated areas of Nunda has generated quite a few calls from residents and has had many positive responses as well as a few concerns.
- The bank loans to refinance the Township garage and the add a line of credit for the Township has been approved. We will finalize within the next week. Savings will be between $45,000 and $50,000 and will reduce the terms from 6 years to 5 years.
- Easter Egg Hunt this year on Sat. April 12th 1000 eggs and still need more donations of candy and eggs as well as help to fill the eggs. Call Supervisor’s office for volunteer & donation info. at 11:30. This is 100% donation funded.