When I reported on Arne Waltmire’s candidacy for the McHenry County Board from District 4 (McHenry, Richmond and Spring Grove), I told of his running seventh out of nine for the McHenry County College Board in 2013.
Having taken a look at the Illinois State Board of Elections, it appears he spend $20,361 on his campaign.
Virtually all of the regional Illinois Education Association union official’s money came from teachers’ and school support unions. He teaches “Industrial Technology” at Crystal Lake South High School.
Now the two teachers’ union locals in Crystal Lake have contributed $4,000 to Waltmire’s campaign for the McHenry County Board, where he is the only Democrat on the ballot.
- $1,500 – Crystal Lake Elementary Teachers Association (CLETA). The PAC’s address is the same as West Elementary School.
- $2,500 – School Dist. No 155 Education Assoc IPACE Fund 1200 South McHenry. The address is the same as South High School.
Waltmire started out with $2,463.86 in his campaign fund. $1,800 came from a loan from himself.
Waltmire is running against incumbent John Hammerand and newcomer Chuck Wheeler.
In his junior college campaign, he received contributions from
- McHenry Classroom Teachers Association – $1,376. The address is Parkland Jr. High School.
- McHenry County Federation of Teachers – Local 1642 – $250. The address is for the local’s Woodstock office.
- Cary Education Association PAC – $250
- Community High Education Support Staff (CHESS) – $400. The address is Prairie Grove High School.
- Crystal Lake Elementary Teachers Association (CLETA) – PAC – $1,500. The address is West Elementary School.
- Glenbard Education Assoication PAC – $500. The address is the regional Illinois Education Association office.
- Illinois Political Action Committee For Education (IPACE), Springfield – $7,000.
- Johnsburg Teacher Organization – IPACE. The address is Johnsburg Jr. High School.
- McHenry County College Adjuct Faculty Association – $185. The address used is McHenry County College.
- School Dist. No 155 Education Assoc. IPACE Fund – $5,646. The address is South High School.