A press release from the Village of Lakewood:
McRide Dial-A-Ride Service to begin in Lakewood
The Village of Lakewood is pleased to announce that it has partnered with the County of
McHenry and the Cities of Crystal Lake, McHenry and Woodstock, as well as Pace Suburban Bus to begin providing a dial-a-ride service to its residents called MCRide. Effective July 1, 2014, this program will provide curb-to-curb, wheelchair accessible service to eligible riders in the service area.
All individuals are eligible for travel to and from the following locations:
- Incorporated areas of the Village of Lakewood, City of Crystal Lake, City of McHenry, City of Woodstock
- Valley Hi Nursing Home, McHenry County Division of Transportation and Fox Lake Metra station
- Within 3⁄4 mile of Route 120 between the City of McHenry and the City of Woodstock
- Within 3⁄4 mile of Route 14 between the City of Woodstock and the City of Crystal Lake
- Within 3⁄4 mile of Route 31 between the City of McHenry and the City of Crystal Lake
Whether you need transportation for work, school, shopping, or visiting a friend, MCRide
provides an affordable and stress-free way to travel. Simply call 1-800-451-4599 or 815-363-4305 the day before you need a ride or same day (with 2 hours advance notice) and let them know your pick-up and drop-off location, along with your desired pick-up time.
There is a base fare of $2.00 for the first five miles, $0.25 cents for each additional mile. If you are a senior over the age of 60, or someone with a disability, you will receive a discounted fare.
When your scheduled pick-up time arrives, meet the MCRide bus at the curb and enjoy the trip to your destination. MCRide is a shared-ride service, so you may even meet a new friend along the way!
The service operates Monday-Friday, 6 am to 7 pm and Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm. The MCRide Rider’s Guide with full program details is available for download on the Village’s website at www.village.lakewood.il.us.
For further information, please contact Lakewood Village Hall at 815/459-3025 between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.