At last night’s Committee of the Whole meeting of the McHenry County College Board, President Vicky Smith announced her retirement as of the start of 2016.
The tide began to turn for Smith two years ago when the outgoing board insisted on renewing Smith’s contract while all three incoming board members–Molly Walsh, Chris Jenner and Tom Willbeck–asked that they wait until they were sworn in.
Given the uproar over the Golden Parachute given the outgoing College of DuPage President and the one given MCC President Walt Packard, it is unlikely that Smith will get one.
= = = = =
Those who have headed McHenry County College follow:
- Forest D. Etheredge, November 1967 to December 1970 (deceased June 2004)
- John Garrett. Vice President 1970 – 1979, December 1970 to May 1971, Acting President, May 1977 to November 1977, Acting President (deceased June 1981)
- Dr. James R. Davis, June 1971 to May 1977
- Dr. Robert Harris, November 1977 to November 1979
- Mr. Robert C. Bartlett, November 1979 to June 1997 (deceased January 2008)
- Dr. Daniel J. LaVista, July 1997 to February 2002
- Dr. G. Dennis Massey, Interim President, March 2002 to May 2003
- Dr. Walter J. Packard, June 2003 to February 2009
- Dr. Brian Sager, Acting President, February 2009 to June 2009
- Dr. Ronald N. Ally, Acting Chief Executive Officer, July 2009 to August 2009
- Dr. Larry Tyree, Interim President, August 2009 to October 2009
- Dr. Kathleen Plinske, Interim President, October 2009 to June 2010
- Dr. Tony Miksa and Mr. Vern Manke, Co-Lead Administrators, July 2010 to August 2010
- Dr. Vicky Smith, August 2010 – Present