I left the air conditioned building and ventured into the fall-back location for the Faith Tent people across the road from Skinner’s (no relation) carnival.
This is where the Environmental Defenders were last year.
It was hot.
I made a U-turn and went toward the exhibit building next to the animals.
It wasn’t air conditioned either.
That’s where I found the new County Yearbook at the McHenry County Clerk’s booth.
The main goal of the booth appeared to be recruiting election judges. $140 for the very long day.
The Libertarian Party booth was in the same aisle.
On the corner was the new Presbyterian Church in Crystal Lake.
Then I reached the Pro-Life row.
In the back corner of the building was 1st Way
It was located next to Congressman Randy Hultgren’s booth.
Two more Pro-Life exhibits were toward the front of the building.
First was the massive one sponsored by the Catholic Church’s McHenry County Deanery.
As before, I especially liked the display of baby booties and shoes.
Here’s a view of the booth from the other end.
Across the aisle was Peter’s Net.
Peter’s Net led the revolt against putting all the Pro-Life and religious organizations in a faith “ghetto.”
= = = = =
The links to articles on how the McHenry County Fair attempt to marginalize Pro-Life and religious exhibitors can be found below:
- 5-7-15 McHenry County Fair Sets Up Faith Ghetto
- 5-19-15 Thomas More Society Complains to County Fair about 2015 Pro-Life Booth “Segregation”
- 5-21-15 Press Release on County Fair Discrimination Against Pro-Life Groups
- 5-22-15 The County Fair Association Decision-Makers
- 5-22-15 More on the County Fair Isolation of Pro-Life Booths
- 5-22-15 County Fair Association Capitulates to Pro-Lifers
More tomorrow as we move out of the buildings onto to grounds.