A press release from State Senator Karen McConnaughay:
McConnaughay to host ‘Fun-O-Lympics’
SPRINGFIELD – State Sen. Karen McConnaughay (R-St. Charles) will host a free “Fun-O-Lympics” kids health and safety fair from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Saturday, Sept.12 at Marlowe Middle School located at 9625 Haligus Rd in Lake in the Hills.
“Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our kids. The ‘Fun-O-Lympics’ are a great way to teach our kids about leading active, healthy lives in a way that is fun for the whole family,” said McConnaughay.
The “Fun-O-Lympics,” which are free and open to the public, will provide fun for the whole family! The event will feature a “touch-a-truck” exhibit including a firetruck, a police squad car, snow plows, a school bus, and a camper.
Several demonstrations are scheduled to take place throughout the morning, starting at9:30 a.m. with Kids Bootcamp by Alli Magit. At 10:00 a.m., Dance Force Studios will perform and then teach a mini hip-hop class. Kids can participate in a kids yoga class, hosted by the Sage YMCA at 11:00 a.m., and the Sparkle Special Needs Cheer Team will perform at 11:30 a.m.
Giveaways, and free informational legislative brochures will also be available. Useful information on kids safety, nutrition and more will be available.
- Sage YMCA, Crystal Lake
- Centegra Health Bridge Fitness, Huntley
- Sparkle Special Needs Cheer Team, Huntley
- Dance Force Studios, Huntley
- Huntley Park District
- Huntley Police Department
- Huntley Fire Department
- Huntley Library
- Village of Huntley
- Lake in the Hills Parks and Recreation
- Lake in the Hills Fire Department
- Ali Magit Training Bootcamp, Lake in the Hills
- Chattergirls, Crystal Lake
- Options and Advocacy for McHenry County
- Office of the Illinois Comptroller
- Office of the Illinois Secretary of State
- Office of the Illinois Treasurer