Five southeastern McHenry County Republicans will interview five people who want to be appointed.
Those on the interview team are
- Chris Yaeger, Chairman of the Algonquin Township Republican Central Committe
- Paul Serwatka, Chairman of the Grafton Township Republican Central Committee
- Chuck Lutzow, Algonquin Township Clerk and Republican Precinct Committeeman
- Melissa Sanchez, Algonquin Township Trustee and Republican Precinct Committeeman
- Sharon Bills, Grafton Township Republican Precinct Committeeman
Although the interviews are being held to recommend who should replace District 2 County Board member Ken Koehler, who was appointed to the Metra Board by Joe Gottemoller, with the approval of the McHenry County Board, only Lutzow and Sanchez live in District 2.
The interview session will start at 6 PM at Republican Headquarters in the Crystal Lake Plaza.
The applicants follow:
- Cameron Hubbard of Crystal Lake is a City Councilman. Originally appointed to replace Carolyn Schofield, when she took her seat on the McHenry County Board, Hubbard has since been elected to the office. He works in financial planning for Exemplar Financial Network. References supplied are Mike Tryon, Jennifer Johnson and Gary Reece.
- Kent Krautstrunk of Crystal Lake, who is in the property management business and serves on the McHenry County Conservation District Board since 2011. He has also advised the Crystal Lake Park District on finances. From 1975-78, he served on the board of the Northern Illinois Special Recreation Association. He has also briefly served on the Champaign County 708 Mental Health Board. Has a degree in parks and recreation administration. He served in the Naval Air Reserve during the Vietnam Era. He has founded and built two business in the 30 years he has lived in McHenry County. References are McHenry County Board member Donna Kurtz and Bonnie Leahy.
- Tom McDermott is a 31-year Republican Precinct Committeeman who is self-employed. He is also active in the Northern Illinois Fire Museum. References supplied are Algonquin Township Road Commissioner Bob Miller, Richard Otto and Tom Stasiak.
- John Reinart of Crystal Lake is a long-time real estate broker and developer of over 100 homes in and around Crystal Lake and Barrington, as well as commercial projects, such as, Jimmy Johns. His experience includes having served on the McHenry County Fair Board in the late 1990’s. References are Fred Roediger, Dr. Paul Dehaan, Khushali Shah.
- Jeff Thorsen is a 16-year Crystal Lake City Councilman and runs the bank in Union. He ran unsuccessfully for County Treasurer last year. References listed are Robert Blazier, Lou Bianchi and Arnold Schaper.