A statement from McHenry County Republican Party Chairman Sandra Salgado:
The seat for our Illinois House, District 63, currently occupied by Jack Franks, will be Republican November 2016.
There are two individuals on the primary ticket, but only one is Republican.
As Chairman of the McHenry County Republican Party, I have reached out to other leaders and elected officials and nobody knows who Jeff Lichte is.
- Mr. Lichte did not reach out to the party regarding this race,
- his petition passers were not from McHenry County,
- he has had no activity with the party,
- in fact, we do not know much about him.
- We don’t know why he is running,
- what he stands for and
- when the last time was that he voted for a Republican candidate.
The McHenry County Republican Party’s candidate for IL House District 63 is Steve Reick.
He is the only true Republican on the ticket.
Steve is a good conservative Republican who will work very hard to turn this seat.
He has worked with the party, we know his agenda for representing McHenry County in Springfield, and the party recognizes him as the only Republican candidate in this primary.
The MCGOP is behind Steve Reick 100%.