Property owners know about assessment appeals.
Forums on that subject have been conducted since I ran for State Representative in 1972.
Tax protests are different.
They go after illegally levied taxes.
They are called “rate objections.”
Attorney Tim Dwyer filed one last year that has already achieved victory against Wonder Lake’s Harrison School District 36.
This year he is going after the following tax districts:
- Crystal Lake Grade School District 47
- Crystal Lake High School District 155
- Harrison School District 36
- McHenry County
- Algonquin Township
- Algonquin Township Road District
- McHenry Township
- McHenryTownship Road District
- Woodstock Community Unit School District 200
Can’t wait to get some of my illegally levied money back!
I heard over 2000 people are suing.
Luckily we heard about this thru VotersInAction.com
Best o’ luck taxpayers!